Thursday, February 08, 2007

An answer to every question that needs answering

I received this email with an amazing promise, that there is a way to find an answer to every question that needs answering.

Although I do not claim to have all the answers to life's questions, I do know that God has an eternal purpose for everything that is allowed to happen as well as what is not allowed. God loves man, as his creation, yet mans natural body and well-being is not his first concern for man. God's first concern would be for a man's soul, his eternal destination. The Bible says life is but a vapor. The Bible states in 2 Corinthians 4:18, "While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal." While many times we see tragedy, God, through his Omniscience, sees eternal consequences. He knows how 1 situation, as tragic as it may be, could have a greater impact eternally even more so.


As I have come across & read some of your writings, I can tell you are a very educated and wise man. I know you probably have many more questions of how and why things in this world happen. I am sure you have questions that I have no answers to; however, I know a man who has all the answers, His name is Jesus. If you truly seek a relationship with him I assure you he will answer every question in your mind that needs answered. I did not write this email to anger or upset you, just in obedience to God. I have never responded to anything like this before, I hope you sense God's love this hour.


I can assure this writer that I, and many others, have indeed truly sought a relationship with Jesus, indeed have lived in what we understood to be such a relationship for years, and yet did not find the answer to every question when we needed an answer. It is those unanswered questions that have led us on our journey of discovery and exploration, and have led us beyond the faith we inherited.

The writer seems to be satisfied with the answer that earthly tragedies are acceptable because God knows they bring the best eternal good. I wonder, for instance, how the recent tragic tsunami was for have eternal good. If such tsunamis are the best that could happen for eternal good, why are scientists and engineers working to develop better warning systems to prevent such disasters in the future? If small pox plagues and tsunamis are planned by God for eternal purposes, why are scientists working to eliminate or minimize the consequences of such events? The answer given by this writer--"greater impact eternally"--only increases my questions.

I wonder if the writer has indeed found the answer to every question that his mind needs to have answered. If so, perhaps his mind asks fewer questions than mine does.

1 comment:

Noogatiger said...

Funny how many times I have heard that since I decided that I was no longer a Christian. The funny part is that all the people who tell me that only God can give you the understanding, don't have any more understanding than I do now, really even less.